Thursday, October 1, 2009

Applying the Principles: and a NEW Guideline

Refer back to my last post if you forgot what it was about, because I have had the most amazing past few days applying the things I wrote about! I've really had fun with Moose and enjoyed playing "Don't Make Me Pick-Up The Stick" and really just had a blast. :) Now, THAT'S the Parelli I've been looking for since May!

And I talked with a friend 2 days ago, and she really opened my eyes. Moose and I aren't in level 1, we're in level 2!!! I'm very excited about it. The conversation started because I felt stuck like I've been normally feeling lately, and she asked why I felt stuck. I said because I don't feel like I'm going anywhere. Well, through three or four questions (the compulsories for Level 2 On Line) she determined that I should go film my level 2 On Line! I was really blown away, but now I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my chest. Being labeled "In Level 1" was just killing me, because I know how to say "see dick run" and so does my horse, but yet just because a few things weren't perfect we were still stuck there. So, "Hi everyone, my name is Erica and I'm a Level 2 Parelli Student on my way to becoming a Parelli Professional." :) How cool!!!


A New Guideline

I have another thing I'm going to play with and that is not being so goal-oriented. So, my new guideline number 4 is going to be to make my primary goal to have fun/enjoy our relationship, because it dawned on me today that if my goal is to canter 1 lap, that doesn't mean I can't do trot/canter transitions and walk/trot transitions. Basically, I don't have to drill him to get what I'm looking for. I'll just set it up and wait for a response. Basically, I just realized that it's not about the goal.