Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More About Liberty

Did you like my little teaser about our Liberty session? It was way cool! I wasn't even in the round pen. We did Stick To Me at walk and trot, and back. He did excellent. He backed 3 steps by the tail. I porcupined and drove him a few steps. Wanted to see if he could do Z3 Driving, and that didn't work super well, but when I was in Zone 2 he understood. I didn't try any of the purpose games, since I didn't think he'd respond as well to those, since they aren't as well ingrained as our games 1-4. But it was a great start for our first ever Liberty session! And funnily enough, it was all on accident! I had no intentions of doing Liberty with him whatsoever. I just was having some problems haltering, because he kept throwing his head up every time I tried, and I didn't know what to do. So, I just moved his hindquarters. Then his forequarters. Then had him back up. . . etc, etc. It developed into the start of a new era! How exciting!