Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Re-Inspired

This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but Blogger was acting funny so I couldn't post it. Anyways. . .

I played with Moose yesterday. It went pretty well, but I got discouraged, because it dawned on me that I still don't know who to be with him. But after watching some INCREDIBLE Parelli videos (and thus becoming re-inspired) I came up with 3 things that I need to change/do:
  • I need to remember it's all a game, and have more fun! Shirley said that your enthusiasm level directly relates to your horse's enthusiasm level.
  • I need to find out who I need to be around a horse who is used to being micro-managed his whole life.
  • I need to take the time it takes. If it takes 2 years before I ride him, so what? If it takes 2 years before we pass Level 2, so what? I just need to remember that it's not about the time line, and to just have fun with where we're at right now. So what if we're not doing flying lead changes or sliding stops or playing at liberty? Accept where I'm at right now, so those things will come when they were meant to. Think how much I'll learn if it takes 2 years to pass Level 2! Think how much I'll learn if I don't ride him for 2 years! It's not about the _____, it's about the relationship.
Very good advice to myself. Now, let's just see how well I use it. :)