Monday, October 6, 2008

One step at a time

Well, Moose and I have made some more progress. He'll now let me itch him which is exciting!! Plus, he's getting a little more LB. He actually turned into the alpha horse and now bosses Dancer around, which is a little suprising. Dancer's been the alpha around here for quite some time. It's quite interesting to see her finally resign her position. Though, smart of her: Moose could squash her with a hoof (lol, jk).

More about the itching thing: his favorite itchy spot is right on the middle of his neck. And he loves treats, too. Moose kicked Dancer out of her stall the other day, because I was trying to give her a treat and not him. Silly guys! So, he's obviously settling in better. Also, Moose is getting a little more accepting. He'll now remain LB when I put the halter on him, which is great news! Before he would kind of freeze and wouldn't move his feet very easily when I walked off.

So, slowly but surely we're getting there. I remember someone saying "If you get their confidence, they'll give you everything else." Currently, that's going to be my main focus. I'm just excited for the guy buried inside: a Dancer in disguise. Oh. . . yippee . . . lol. (hopefully, I won't have the same problems with Moose as I do with Dancer).

And we checked out that other Parelli 'trainer'. I think me and her would get along well, but she's a little too expensive for my liking. So, I'm just going to stick with Shirley (and Vicki, my current lessons instructor) which is fine by me!! :) This lady still wasn't 100% Parelli (she can't be, because she has competition-based clients) and Shirley is, so more power to her!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just so you know, you can take a lesson with Shirley anytime. Right now she is giving lessons weekdays after school until about 8pm. One hour lessons (using one of her horses) are $25 and if you and your mom were to take one together it would be $20 each. If you would like her contact info, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete