Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What Should I do? A poem of predicament

Growing up is a struggle,
where am I going?
such a lofty question.
there's no way of knowing

I, of course, am strangely confused
and often mistaken
for here in my home i
have little inspiration

I search consistently
for things that are never found
and mope about all alone
for a penny sum amount

wasting my time on
trivial things
yet time goes by still
and my heart will not sing

it laughs and watches
patiently waiting
for me to make changes
mostly unabated

yet with no guidance
i am always confused. . .
how do I pick things,
to do this or that muse?

a question unanswered
maybe only time tells
for so far i realize
thinking rings zero bells

the more i struggle
the more i despair
the more time i waste
the less i self-care

and life ought to be fun
and vibrant and alive
which all describe me
i intend to thrive

so, to less wasted time
and more loving cheer
my time here is necessary
but that's untrue of fear