Saturday, February 7, 2015

Refocusing the Lens

I must say, it was a very interesting experience to hop on over to this blog again early this year.

Many of you will notice that I had not posted in quite some time, in fact, I had actually posted a while ago saying that I don't like blogging and that I was going to quit. Anyways, that is clearly not the case. I am finding that I don't mind blogging. It's actually rather interesting. It is a place where I can have a voice, and say what I find to be true. I can share my truth with all of you.

Though, I will have plenty more truths to share in the future. At the present moment, I only intend to comment on how remarkable it is that I have accomplished almost all of my goals, whilst checking this blog only intermittently for the last 2 years. How neat is that?

My goals are as follows, with the bold ones meaning I have accomplished them:

De-clutter my room
Spend a weekend with a college friend this summer
Attend a concert
Explore my career interests - volunteer at Golden House, help out kids, do office work and/or teach Spanish (did not teach Spanish, but did tutor)
Spend time with a friend
Play with a horse trainer in the area's horses
Go on a road trip
Go to the beach
Teach my dog new tricks (I did improve one of his prior tricks)
Be active 5x a week for a half hour each day
Learn new skills - cooking, driving stick, bar tending and/or self-defense
Learn more about cars
Get a tattoo
Get my cartilage pierced
Get my nose pierced
Shoot a gun
Go paintballing
Sleep in a tent
Go fishing
Finish The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Lost

Grow a plant
Make 5 new friends (I'm not sure when I set these goals. . . but I think I've made 3?)
Decide on a major for college
Check out CHAPS


The vast majority are completed! Which is awesome! Clearly, I am able to set goals fairly effectively. Nonetheless, I now need some new goals, so will be actively working on those in the next days.