Sunday, January 18, 2015

This isn't Exactly Social Anxiety, but . . . .

I have realized that my most joyful moments in life are when I am alone.

Taking advantage of the fact that most of my neighbors and fellow townspeople of Green Bay and surrounding areas are watching the Packers right now, I chose to talk the dog instead. We stepped outside into above 30 degree weather, a warm break from the frozen temperatures of only a week ago.

I was finally able to breathe freely. And relax. My brain slowed to a crawl and I appreciated the easy simplicity of animals. Just Morrie and I walking. His tongue lolled from his mouth as he trots to keep pace with me. I slow down. Now we are both walking and I appreciate my surroundings. The traffic noise is minimal. No cars in sight, which is unusual living so close to a highway. The only thing I can hear is a bird cawing if I strain my ears. Otherwise, the world is lovingly silent. The outside world has considerately traded its noises and distractions for the sounds of a television, which is A ok with me and my dog.

We take a quick walk down the road and turn back when we hit the highway.

Nothing spectacular, but that was ok. My brain slowed down and I was able to feel at peace for the first time all day, which was miraculous :)

Ever since I read one of Steve Pavlina's articles about hope (an incredible article), I had been feeling rather glum about my life and my choices. And that, combined with not a lot of sleep, makes for a rather unhappy me.

Nonetheless, the outside world has worked its magic on me, as it usually does, and I enjoyed my walk with my dog immensely. Alone at last, we rule the world!

P. S. We were very sorry to see the Packers lose, though.