Thursday, August 13, 2009

To the Edge, But Not Over

A few days ago, I tried putting ropes around Bella's legs and then putting pressure on and seeing what she'd do. I was very impressed with her reactions, she was very LB and came off the pressure easily every time! A very good start to lead backwards by hind leg. What a smart girl!

And so the day after that, I played with Bella for about a half hour since it was getting dark out and I decided on impulse to do something with her quick. And so, I decided to try experimenting with a lunging whip we have for Friendly Game. I wanted to see how much she could tolerate/accept. Well, she handled it pretty well. I had to hit it pretty hard on the ground before she had a little blow-up moment and tried to bolt off. But it was just a little one, so I held onto the rope and brought her right back to me.

And then I immediately went off to try some Stick To Me. She did really well, I mean she actually trotted to keep up with me, so that in itself was worth a treat. :)

Overall, I was very proud that I didn't push her over a cliff. Go Savvy!

No comments:

Post a Comment