Sunday, August 30, 2009

Performing like a Partner

I had another lesson with Shirley on Friday. It went great! My mom taped a video of me this time. I'd put it up, but you can't hear the audio very well, so it'd be kind of pointless.

Shirley was in a very good mood, and I earned another level of respect from Moose. Plus, it was plain as day to me this time that Moose was being disrespectful. And it comfirmed that he and I are still in the teaching phases: although that is depressing news I kind of expected it. Shirley agreed with me when I said that I didn't feel like we were making much progress for the amount I play with him, and apparently it is mostly because of my leadership.

So, I played with him on Saturday and took it a little too far in the leadership category. Interestingly enough, this happened last time I had a lesson with Shirley, too. During the lesson, we focus on gaining more respect from Moose the whole time, so the next day I go out and play and am a dictator, because that is what I thought we did the previous day. Of course, that'd not the case, but the lesson just tilts my love, language and leadership scale off-kilter a little bit, so now I have to rebalance it.

No comments:

Post a Comment