Monday, September 27, 2010

Holistic Horse Fair

First off, on a side note, I'd like to mention I no longer have a job playing with horses. End of story. So I am once again looking for a  new job.

But secondly, onto the Horse Fair! It was fabulous, I had a great time. It was in Madison at the Horse First Farm this Saturday and Sunday and was all about alternative therapies or ideas for horses and was very nice. I went to a seminar by Wendy Wolfe about animal communication, one by Beth Peterson on equine guided coaching, and a Parelli demonstration. We had to leave early, but I still had a great time.

It was so refreshing to see everything Parelli. I never thought about it before, but it was just very peaceful and everything felt relaxed and easy. The atmosphere was one entirely "for the horse." It was very neat. Made me want to go there more often.

And I met Michelle Manshardt, a 2* PP. I was very impressed with both her and Linda, the other 2* there, but Michelle's easy manner of being made the most impact. I really got a positive vibe off both of them. And they are desperately looking for people to work there right now, so maybe I could arrange to spend some time there or something of the like. It would be a lot closer than Farrah's, that's for sure. Only downside is I don't know if they offer a working student position right now, that's why I've got to talk to Michelle!

But overall, a great time was had by all. I learned quite a bit new tips, and met some very nice people. Can't wait to go back!