Saturday, November 28, 2009

Programs

Well, the past few days I've actually made a program out of getting Moose confident with Zone 3. It's been going pretty smooth. I can see we have an issue. Still don't know exactly if his problem is the girth, Zone 3 in general, or the saddle slapping, but it doesn't really matter. I'm just going to fix all of them. :)

So, he's been doing really well. Today we had a little glitch, because my neighbor was flying his RC airplane and so Moose was pretty freaked out, so I didn't continue with what we've been working on, since he wans't in a learning frame of mind.

Bella, on the other hand, has got me all confused. I just can't seem to play with her, and get anything good accomplished. I seriously am starting to think she's at least bi-polar. She's playful, bolts when scared, super-sensitive, mouthy, curious, absolutely LOVES people, somewhat over-reactive, forgiving (to a point), food-motivated, dominant, tense, either walks or runs, all these at different times and here's the breakdown of her confidence areas:
  1. Environment - SUPER confident in her environment, SUPER unconfident outside her environment
  2. In the herd - Pretty confident
  3. By herself- Pretty unconfident
  4. As a learner - pretty confident
  5. With me as a leader - Don't know, but not a whole lot.
So, yeah she's got me all confuzzled. Again. But it's alright. Moose's doing really good. Next post, I'll provide some links to some good articles I found.