Saturday, June 27, 2009

A SHOCKING Experience

Joy of joys, we got hay today. Around 300 bales total. It wasn't fun, but it was for the horses, so I have no right to complain. It only took us 2 hours, so that's close to record timing for us!

Well, my mom had swept most of the chaff from the trailer on the ground in front of our lean-to. My job was to rake it into the pasture.

We have 5 lines going around this part of our pasture: 3 barbed wire, and 2 electric that alternate (we're working on taking out the barbed wire, don't worry). The bottom line is barbed wire, and it's pretty low to the ground, so when I swept the hay I had to move it out of the way. Well, while I was sweeping. . .

OH MY GOD: I got shocked! First time that's ever happened. I jumped backwards a couple feet and screamed. That's some strong fence. . . holy cow!

And Moose was near me BTS (Before The Shock), eating the chaff I'd just swept. Well, he jumped back a ways, too, and couldn't take his eyes off me afterwards. I felt bad, because then he would'nt eat the hay anymore.

Switching topic: We have all the poles in the ground for the round pen. Probably will paint it tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get the whole thing finished within the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment