Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Round-about/How things worked out

So, to conclude my interview I have exciting news. It went well, for starters, but actually I'm not working there. As a matter of fact, I was offered another job at my trainer's facility!! It's similar to an internship, but there is some paid aspects of it. For instance, I'm going to be helping with lessons, especially the younger kids.

But what's cool is that I'm also going to be helping train the training horses. I'm nowhere near qualified to actually train them, but if Vicky (my trainer) has them going pretty well on something, then I am allowed to help out. Also, there is the option of going to a few shows over the summer just to gain experience on that aspect of the horse world. Overall, I am VERY pleased with the way things worked out. The other internship/job would've been nice, but this one's WAY nicer.

For those that know, I'm currently trying to find a saddle to fit Moose, and we've discovered it's not as easy as it could be. He's got HUUUUGE withers, so we might have to buy a gaited saddle for him. Well, I decided I want a Theraflex, because I might as well make things as comfortable as can be for him. He does have sensitive skin, after all, and I'd like riding/saddling to be a positive experience for him.

So, for a little bragging moment here, you won't BELIEVE what I came across! Vicki knows someone who is selling their Western TheraFlex for $150!!!! So, I'm a bit excited there. That's exactly 50% of the asking price new, so I'd say that's a bargain alright. Done deal!

4 comments:

  1. BUY THE PAD NOW! That's a great deal!

    I hope my saddle works.. if not, you'll find another one. I'll keep my eyes open for one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I absolutely want to. The trouble is Vicki knows the person who owns it, and so Vicki is gone for about a week. So that kind of stinks, but hopefully it'll still be there when she gets back.

    The lady is actually selling a Western and an English Theraflex, and Vicki wanted to buy one of them, so I don't THINK she'd sell them.

    But that's very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Erica, hope you get both of what you are going after.

    ReplyDelete