Thursday, February 3, 2011

"The Writing is on the Wall"

I'd like to give a super huge girly squeal of delight. *EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!* So why all the shouting?? Ha ha ha I have finally figured out this bugger called "Erica's Future." To be honest with you, it's probably been nagging at me since the day I was born. . . the eternal question "What to do when I get older?" Well, I've answered that question, but then it came again in another form. . ."Ok, so how do I get there?"

3 Options were nagging at me for some time now:
  1. Go to college
  2. Go to Parelli
  3. Go back to Heartland
See, this college thing has been really really bugging me, because 'everyone' says "go to college, you make more money, you meet friends, you earn a living." Well, that's all fine and dandy, so I'll go look up colleges. But I don't know what I want to go for. I'd go for Spanish, but what am I going to do with that? I want to be with horses, and there aren't any horse colleges out there that are feasible/what I'm looking for.

So I thought about it. . . and came up with something. . . horses aren't exactly 'everyone'. That's not exactly a typical job. So maybe I need a not so typical career path? Maybe my life is different than yours and that's ok. Am I a little worried about it right now? Yeah. But I could always go back. If my goal is to keep learning, I could always go back. But right now, college would do nothing for me besides putting me in debt. Would I meet some cool people? Sure! But am I going to meet cool people in "Parelli-land" as well? Definitely :)

But then, as well, there's this issue called price. . . . And hey, a friend of mine just made me have a BFO. Like "hey you remember that thing called the working student program?!?!?! Um, well you could do that!!!!!" Oh my god, duh! :D

Sorry for all the childishness, but I'm pretty much ecstatic! I forgot all about this program, and it's basically going to save my life! Yay to the future!

But oh, the title! The title to this post is dedicated to my dear old mother for the advice she would always give me when I would bang my head against the table struggling with this. With this in mind, it is only fitting that I end with my response, which is

"Not helpful."

(except it helped)