Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Go spring!

I had a nice day today. It was a little windy, but the weather wasn't too bad. I mostly futzed around today, and played with things that are on a list of mine titled "To Do . . . Whenever I Get Around To It." I didn't have anything else better to do today, so I decided to go right off and try a few things on there. Besides, it dawned on me that if I want these things done, I have to actually do them. Like soon. Or they won't ever get done. So, it was nice to actually start fixing some of those issues. Specifically, I focused on herdboundness today.

I haven't posted much lately, namely due to the fact that I've been VERY frustrated with myself/Moose lately. It just seemed like progress had come to a dead stop, and I wasn't getting much out of our play. Now that I look back on it, I was more or less direct line (poor Moose), but hey. . . I wanted that Level 1 string, you know!! Well, it finally dawned on me that maybe if my horse wasn't doing a Figure 8 well, I should go try something else instead of making him do it 100 more times just to get one 'good' lap. You can tell our relationship was my #1 priority then, can't you?

One more thing to add, I had my mom play with Moose a couple days ago. She was nervous, and hence very passive with him, but not too bad. The issues she had with him were some of the same one's I am having. The only major thing I noticed was that I don't think he ever went on adrenaline the whole time she played with him. Now, that could be because she was being very passive, or because she just plain wasn't on adrenaline. . . Just something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment