Sunday, June 20, 2010

Operation Horses

I've been getting Moosey prepped for riding recently. It's been going pretty well, but I'm a little finicky about saddle fit. I'm afraid to mess up because I think he'll buck. We had a day last week where he bucked all over the place. Good thing I've got a long rope. :) But I'm thinking I might try riding with a saddle on soon. Maybe within a week or two. We'll see though I don't want to push this.

Today was also quite the day. Bella kept getting attacked by giant (seriously giant) horse flies - one of them got me too - and so I got to watch her run and Moose run laps around the pasture today. Luckily, that was AFTER I snatched her halter and quick unbuckled the rope to let her run. And AFTER I decided she looked really tense and I decided I should probably do something. And that was AFTER Moose started bucking really bucking high because of either A) Fly or B) The fact that his girlfriend was outside the pasture. So, yeah. Lovely day. Needless to say I apologized to them both after that. Moose doesn't hate me though, so I think it might've been just a fly.

And speaking of Moose, he walked to me the other day. I was pretty happy with that. Quite a few steps too and he said hi. I was like sweet. Cool bud.

And I'm thinking of filming our level 1 in the next few days. We'll see how that goes. I still would rather just film our Level 2 but then that means we'd be working on Level 3 on the ground (YIKES) and we're not ready for that yet. Our patterns still need work. I think I need to get to be a better leader to show what I want. I have a feeling Moose's going to get a discussion from Farrah, so I think I should prepare him a little better. Just that feels hard to do with this friendship I have going on with him. And I don't want to ruin that.

Guess I got some more thinking to do then. As if that's hard for us intellectual people.